The Austrian Academy of Physicians has assigned the conference with 25 DFP points. The German Academy for Continuing Education in Radiology of the German Radiology Society has assigned 15 CME points (category 1) for attending the entire SMIT 2008 conference. Further information is available at the registration desk on site.
Scope of the Conference
The scope of the SMIT meeting is to link researchers in the field of minimally invasive therapy with medical device companies, and clinical practitioners for new developments for specialties such as surgery, radiology, urology, gynecology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, etc. The conference also covers development of medical instruments, medical engineering and rapid prototyping. In particular the input from medical experts or clinical engineers can be fruitful for companies to consider new procedures and instruments.
Thus, SMIT plays an extremely important role to offer a forum for enthusiastic discussion for new medical treatments, and touching the future of medical technologies.
Topics for SMIT 2008
- Tumor Ablation and Interventional Oncology
- Endoluminal Surgery NOTES and NOSCAR
- Surgical Manipulators and Image-guided Robotics
- Hybrid OR, Work Flow and Systems Integration
- Nanotechnology and Microsystems in Medicine
- New Instruments and New Materials
- Rapid Prototyping in Medicine
- MRI Safety
- Navigation and Augmented Reality
- Molecular Imaging and Targeted Drug Delivery
- Model based Therapy, Numerical Simulation and Training